Wednesday, December 3, 2008

yoga first impressions


after much encouragement from lots of different folks .... i finally tried my first yoga class last night. my doc has been suggesting it as a way to relax and let go of stress. i've always thought it sounds kind of boring, and not active enough to really be considered exercise.

i finally stepped out of my little box and went to a class last night. can't say all my pre-conceived notions were shattered. i didn't break a sweat (can it be exercise if you're not sweating?) i did feel pretty mellow & relaxed and my muscles were all stretched and noodley. today i'm feeling some arm and back muscles, but i think those have more to do with getting back in the pool for a swim on monday, or the yard of bark mulch i moved yesterday afternoon for my real exercise.

i'll give it a few more tries. it's just not very competitive; i haven't figured out how to win. :)

No comments: