Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Recovery day

so all that swelling in my lip yesterday had to go someplace .... and that someplace ended up being the whole right side of my face overnight. i was actually surprised that this didn't happen late yesterday afternoon or evening .... and i was hoping that i had somehow miraculously cleared this hurdle in the healing process.

lucky for me, the weather supported my body's vote to take it easy today ... which helped my brain justify sitting on my butt. it was scattered rains (not showers) until early afternoon .... which allowed for plenty of ice on the face time and jewlery time. check out my sweet little workshop!




since i wasn't riding early in the day, i even had some "big breakfast" - including eggs, hashbrowns, bacon and english muffins. mmmm ... my body rejects such thing before a bike ride ... but today ... why not!?!?

it finally stopped raining sometime around lunch time (~ 2pm) and a breeze picked up and dried the trails out pretty good. we all finally emerged from the condo after 4. andy, dennis and i left on our bikes. barbara left in the "extration-mobile" to ride her trike (on her favorite paved flat trails), and danny and tracy left with tennis racquets. we got out for a couple hour easy spin - andy took me on a couple of (pre-ridden) singletrack trails to practice some skills. my body said that was enough for today - to work the kinks out from yesterday - tomorrow will be better. andy went out to ride some more, without his ball and chain slowing him down.

No comments: