Sunday, August 5, 2007

I'm in Timeout!

yay! We made it to vacation! I'm in whistler - life is grande. Andy and I got in a 3.5+ hour long mountain bike ride today. (which is probably more than my whole ride total of the last week.) I slept great last night for the first time in several days.

We had a discussion last night about they types of vacation. There is the traveling vacation where you travel new places, see and experience new things, and quite possibly return back home more tired than when you left.

Then there's the timeout vacation. Where you just take a time out from life and relax.

Another thing to use vacation time for that is not vacation at all - would include traveling to a far-away big bike race, and though lots of fun, and a very worthy use of vacation time, it's not vacation and it's certainly not a timeout.

So I'm in time out.

Barbara (Andy's mom) asked me about my goals for the week. She reminded me that last summer, one of my vacation goals was to not get in a car after we unloaded it and parked at the condo. I was still adjusting to my new commute from Tacoma to Silverdale, and pretty much was sick of being in the car. I had completely forgotten. I think I could handle driving to the store for more wine this year (sober of course). :)

This is were being a highly driven (over motivated) person becomes a curse. I think I have a todo list (of fun relaxing stuff) longer than can be accomplished this week! But my number one goal of the week is to avoid wedding details. The only wedding details allowed this week is working on ideas for the ceremony and writing our vows, which isn't really a wedding detail but us figuring how to express to our community of friends and family how much we love each other, and that should be a fun yet challenging task.

Other things to do this week:
I packed up the bead room and towed it to whistler - and plan to be a little jewelry factory. Need to build up some inventory for some fall/winter sales. I also want to start thinking up some ideas for setting up an online shop this fall and figuring out how to make a few bucks from my other hobby. (And I guess there's still a few wedding related jewelry items I need to finish.)

Need to update this here blog - so you folks don't think I've been sitting around on my butt eating ding dongs and watching movies the last two weeks. :) (ps netflix has made a killing on us this summer!)

I might actually read a book. I try to cram a million and one things into everyday, it's hard to sit still long enough to read. And it doesn't help that by the time I sit down long enough to read that I'm exhausted ... can't hold eyes... open ... dropping book on chest ... after about 5 pages. It takes a long time to finish a book 5 pages at a time.

I plan to ride my mountain bike every day this week. I had started trying to run/walk just do to something different, keep myself moving, and prep for cyclocross .... but I haven't made time to get out for a run for 2 weeks now. After our "epic" ride today, I was going to digest some lunch then go for a run/walk. I played w/ my beads for a few minutes - then wandered to the couch and passed out - a drooling nap .... when was the last time you took a nap so hard you drooled?!?

vacation is great!

No comments: