Tuesday, June 26, 2007

A few of my favorite things


Bicycles. Handcrafted one of a kind art. Coffee. What is there not to love?!?!

We were in Baker City, OR for the Elkhorn Classic Stage Race this weekend. Baker City is a cute little bicycle loving town in the eastern part of the state. I bought this awesome coffee mug from a local artist and triathlete outside of Belle's downtown on Saturday after the crit. The owner of Belle's Main Street Market matched the Pro men's race payout for the women's race! unheard of!! I'll be back next year, more fit, and ready to win one of those $100 gift certificates ... I think a case of that Huckleberry Riesling needs to go home with me!

Speaking of wine ... I think I just thought of another use for my new mug!

1 comment:

UltraMick said...

How is it that our post-pain satisfaction over a particular bike race is directly proportional to the amount of suffering involved? How can we all drive away from Baker City thinking such happy thoughts about the whole experience? Maybe we all spend too much time in the big city? Welcome (back) to the blogging world!